SRDI is running network developed by Stockton Borough Council created to inspire and help women & girls whatever their age or ability to run more often with other people. Your information will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. As detailed within this privacy notice.
This privacy notice applies to the use of personal information by Stockton Borough Council (SBC) through sistersrdoingit.co.uk. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it. By visiting sistersrdoingit.co.uk (or by becoming a Registered User) you are accepting the practices described in this privacy notice.
“Group/Programme” means any group or programme of SRDI Registered Users organised by a leader of SRDI.
“Registered Users” means the users of sistersrdoingit.co.uk (and participants in Group runs) collectively and/or individually as the context admits.
“sistersrdoingit.co.uk” means our website located at www.sistersrdoingit.co.uk and its related channels.
“Website” means a website accessible on the internet.
“we/us” means Stockton Borough Council and “our” shall be interpreted accordingly.
“you” means you, as a Registered User of sistersrdoingit.co.uk and as a participant in Group runs and “Your” shall be interpreted accordingly.
What data we will collect
In becoming a registered user of SRDI we will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, telephone number (Running Data). Where you are registered and book on a programme/group, we will also collect the full name and telephone numbers for an emergency contact nominated by you and details of any health information that would be useful for a Run Leader to ensure all group runs are operated safely.
Why we will collect it
We will collect and process your Running Data for the purposes of registering you as a user of SRDI or SRDI Leader and administering your involvement in the services provided by SRDI. We will process it on the basis that we have a contractual obligation to you as registered user of SRDI to provide the service you are registering for.
The interests of registering you as a member and to administer your involvement in SRDI. If we do not collect this information you would not have access to the services provided by SRDI programmes/groups.
Our processing activities include:
- Contacting you about a group run you have booked. This may include booking information, change of details, reminders, cancellations or post run feedback;
- Validating access to Run Leader and Runner applications that we offer;
- Ensuring that the Run Leader has all necessary information so that runs can be delivered safely and to ensure all runners are catered for.
- Photographs maybe taking during the sessions and used solely for promotional use with your consent.
Research and analysis
- Maintaining statistics and conducting analysis on the make-up of running participants. This allows us to improve the services we provide updates to you regarding your activity on SRDI.
- Asking for your feedback about a service or a good new story, this will always be optional and anonymised unless permission is granted.
- Providing access to all the relevant services that you have access to as a registered user of SRDI through a single sign on service.
- Providing promotions of events relating to SRDI or Stockton Borough Council (when consent is provided)
- We may handle medical or disability information you provide to us, to ensure we support you appropriately;
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
How long we will keep it
We will retain your Running Data for such time as you are a registered user of SRDI
- A user makes a booking or attends a group run within the 1st 12 months after joining SRDI: If a user is inactive for 1 year after the initial booking/attendance their account will be anonymised and contact data deleted.
- Any data that is exported from the system by the Group Leader e.g. registers, will be deleted/ destroyed immediately after it has been used for the purpose it was exported.
Sharing your data
Stockton Borough Council will share your Running Data (as defined above) with any individual run leader of any programmes/groups that you attend, for the purposes of administering your participation with SRDI (as described above). We will not share your data with any other third party or for any other purposes, other than Health Professionals where necessary i.e. in a medical emergency.
Where we store your personal data
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. Your data will be stored electronically on a secure site with limited access. Minimised data maybe held as a hard copy by the Run Leader and destroyed at the end of the programme.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- to access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- to object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- in certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- to request a copy of your personal data for you to reuse for your own purposes across different services.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Contact & Complaints
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how SRDI collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact
If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by Stockton Borough Council, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk).